We were delighted to receive a call today from a friend of the Bubule team, who is also a highly regarded headhunter, with the chance to share this awesome part-time flexible role as a Financial adviser working for Quinola Mothergrain. If you are interested, or you know someone who is, then please do get in touch with Verity directly on [email protected].
About the company:
Quinola Mothergrain is specialised in quinoa-based products, ranging from Baby Food to Healthy Snacking and convenient meal solutions. All our products are Vegan and Gluten Free, mostly Organic and made with Fairtrade quinoa.
We pride ourselves on the Taste of our products, which have won many awards, and ensure that all of them are Healthy, with ingredients lists that you can understand, no added sugar and minimal salt. All our products have legally approved health claims. We also aim to be Environmentally responsible with minimal packaging and carbon footprint, and Ethical in all our relationships, having contributed over $250,000 of additional revenues to the farming communities we work within Peru via the Fairtrade scheme.
Our products are sold in more than 20 countries, with our core markets being the UK, France and Ireland. Our revenues are just above the £1m mark today. We completed a second round of fund raising at the beginning of 2018, raising £450,000 which has allowed us to grow our staff base to 12 people working in our London and Paris offices, as well as from home. Quinola Mothergrain Ltd owns 100% of our French company Altiplans SARL. We produce our own UK and consolidated accounts, which are audited by an external auditor. For our French company an external French accountant builds French statutory accounts based on our internal accounts, as well as doing payroll and social security documentation.
At Quinola Mothergrain the Financial Controller’s role is one of substantial responsibility and accountability. As the head of finance and accounting within the company, the Financial Controller reports directly to the CEO. As the sole financially qualified member of staff, this position involves a broad spectrum of operational responsibilities and requires a wide range of knowledge and experience. It also requires an ‘all hands to the pump’ and ‘no job is beneath you attitude’ borne of experience of working in SMEs. Anyone applying for this position needs to have the confidence and experience to operate alone, back their own judgement and the ability to maintain financial discipline within the company, this may include arguing your case at all levels. The role of Financial Controller is to maintain all financial controls and systems, identifying areas that require improvement and implementing necessary changes to support financial discipline and business development.
Financial software used: Xero & Unleashed
The Financial Controller’s daily duties may include the following activities:
- monthly financial accounts preparation & reporting for standalone & consolidated companies
- monthly preparation of sales reports
- managing cash flow and buying/managing currency
- data input and the completion of bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- VAT returns
- managing the audit process and liaising with external personnel
- the preparation of year end statutory standalone & consolidated accounts
- credit control
- contributing to company financial strategy and decision-making process
- Ensuring robust financial systems and processes are in place and are adhered to by staff
- managing the French accountants, who produce statutory accounts for the French subsidiary in France, run the French payroll and file all tax & TVA returns
- payroll and workplace pension management in the UK
- other financially related matters from time to time
- hr and company secretarial matters from time to time
The Ideal Candidate:
- UK Qualified Chartered Accountant and experienced in a similar or more senior role within SMEs
- The ability to produce group company consolidated accounts
- Strong business acumen and understanding of financial and accounting issues in a small company with a complex accounting environment
- No shrinking violet, with an ability to fight your corner to maintain financial discipline and educate staff as to why it is important
- Excellent communicator, with both internal and external colleagues at all levels
- Smart-working and efficient with an ability to prioritise the essential
- Business French (desirable) and understanding of French accounting (incredibly useful but not essential)
The position is home based, with most tasks not being time-critical, however you would be expected to work most of the hours during normal office hours for the ease of communication with other members of the team
All our positions come with 25 days paid holiday on a full-time equivalent basis, with 3 days sick leave or 4 days carers leave with the provision of medical certification. There is also a 2% contributory pension with NEST.
Please contact [email protected], 07595 927907 for further information.