Welcome to our Monday round-up, our pick of the best activities happening around London for you and your kids.
This week, we’re taking a look at the best dance classes for tots and their parents, as chosen by our local editors. Let us know your favourite dance class in the comments below!
- Bubele Top Pick: Latino Bambino
A unique fitness classes for mums with a fun Latino twist. Babies can be worn while older tots can boogie alongside their mamas. Sessions take place all over London and they are currently offering Bubele users a 10% discount on bookings!
Book classes in St John’s Wood: single class
- Zumba Kids, Angel: The ZUMBA Kids programme is the ultimate dance-fitness party for young ZUMBA stars aged 7-11. It features age-appropriate music and moves that get kids moving to the beat, allowing them to be themselves and dance like no one’s watching! Find out more
- Mulberry School of Ballet, Stoke Newington: These classes, led by experienced dancer Julia, are full of fun, using imaginative and creative movement to provide an exciting way of discovering dance. Tots ballet: 2-3 and nursery ballet: 3-4. Find out more
- Pre-school & Mum ballet classes in Highgate: REO Dance offers the opportunity for parents and their children to enjoy their own separate ballet classes. For the first 30 minutes there will be a pre-school ballet class (3 years+) that uses stories to capture the child’s imagination and introduce them to the foundations of ballet music and movement. Parents will then have the chance to do their own ballet class while their child is looked after in a separate room in the same venue. Find out more
- Diddi Dance, Kensal Rise: Kids and parents can get their funk on at a Diddi Dance class. The 45-minute sessions introduce the little ones to a variety of different dance styles in a structured but relaxed way. Ideally suited to children between 2 and 4 years of age, but younger ones are welcome too. Find out more
- Street Dance, Finchley Road: High-energy street dance class with professionally trained dancers from the Spencer Stage School. The focus is on fun but IDTA dance exams are also an option. Find out more
- Amanda’s Action Club, Swiss Cottage: A fun and action-filled dance and music class with toys and props. Great for tiring little ones out! Find out more
- Baby Dance, Stratford: A movement, sensory, rhythmical experience in a playful environment for babies and their parents or carers. Find out more
- East London Ballet School, Columbia Road: The East London Ballet School helps kids children aged 18 months to 5 years to develop fitness, co-ordination, good posture, balance and spatial awareness, alongside an appreciation of music, with the focus on fun and building confidence. Find out more
- Mummies and Babies Ballet, South Woodford: A new class for new mums who are looking to get back into exercising whilst enjoying precious time with their new babies. You can wear your baby or they can just stay by the side in the room while Julia (and baby Thomas!) puts you gently through your paces. Find out more
- Amanda’s Action Club, Chiswick: A fun and action-filled dance/music class with toys and props. Great for tiring little ones out! Find out more
- Dance Grooves Street Dance, Chelsea: Dance Grooves classes are dynamic, packed with energy and full of fun and great dance moves delivered by a fantastic team of teachers who are all talented professional dancers, great with children and DBS checked. Find out more
- Melody Bear Tip Tap Toe, Ealing: A creative, inspiring programme of pre-school dance classes for girls and boys using Melody Bear, a dancing teddy, to help create a magical and very unique approach to dance. Find out more
- Amanda’s Action Club, Wandsworth: A fun and action-filled dance/music class with toys and props. Great for tiring little ones out! Find out more
- Catch Little Stars, Clapham: The class introduces children to different stories and themes and encourages them to work together and on their own. Classes include creative dancing, poetry and songs, character voices and movement, storytelling and props. Find out more
- The Dance Lab, Putney: This is a ballroom and latin dance class for children on Saturday mornings. The focus is primarily movement to music, in addition to learning a few simple sequences. The class also aims to improve their attention and coordination. Find out more
- Street Dance Classes, East Dulwich: These classes offer children the chance to express their personality through dance and movement with the emphasis on enjoyment. Children showing talent, desire and dedication to dance will be encouraged and guided to pursue a professional career. Find out more
- J’s Dance Factory, Forest Hill: J’s Dance Factory is a fast moving and exciting place for your child to learn to dance and grow in confidence. They offer your child the opportunity to take dance exams from as young as three. They do shows in various venues and participate in local roadshows and charity events. Find out more