We’ve teamed up with our new organic brand crush Jack N’ Jill Kids to offer four people the chance to win some goodies from their teeth-cleaning range for kids.
Prize: Win 1 of 4 Jack N’ Jill Kids gift sets containing a Rinse/Storage Cup, Natural Toothpaste, Bio Toothbrush and a Silicone Tooth & Gum Brush + a get a free pack of baby gum tooth wipes too.
T&Cs apply. Competition closes at 11pm on Sunday 24th July.
Morning Hacks for Busy Parents
Do you spend your weekday mornings running from room to room, shouting at the kids and looking for missing shoes? Now you can glide through the morning with ease thanks to these handy tips from our chilled out Aussie pals at Jack N’ Jill Kids:
1) Do as much prep as you can over the weekend. On Friday night, empty school bags to locate permission slips to be signed, gym kit to be washed and homework to be done so you can make sure it’s all done before Monday morning beckons.
2) Get clothes ready the night before. This means you, the kids, the baby… Encourage kids to do this for themselves as they get older.
3) Have a consistent weekday bedtime for everyone and stick to it as closely as you can to avoid tired, sluggish kids (& adults) in the morning.
4) Prepare packed lunches the night before, even if it’s the last thing you feel like doing after dinner! While you’re at it, you could always lay the table for breakfast too…
5) Create a ‘school station’ for each child by the front door with shoes, coat and bag (pre-packed with signed permission slips & clean gym kits of course).
6) Create a written schedule with all of the morning tasks – eating breakfast, getting dressed, brushing teeth, etc. – and let kids put stickers next to each task as they are completed. You can even turn this into a competition or issue rewards at the end of the week for the number of stickers on the chart.
7) Set your expectations for the kids the night before. Tell them what you expect of them in the morning – you’ll be amazed at the difference it makes.
We reckon if you get 2 or 3 of these things done, you’re doing pretty well! And if not… well. That’s what wine is for.
2 thoughts on “Morning hacks for busy parents”
Thank you so much my gift has arrived this morning . Wow it’s absolutely brilliant thank you , my granddaughter will love it
Pingback: Have a ‘no shoulds’ summer: 3 tips for summer holiday calm | TheBabySpot.ca